Orangevale Recreation & Park District is looking for a Recreation Coordinator.
Deadline to apply: Monday, August 8, 2022 @ 5 p.m.
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Coordinator plans and formulates an assigned major function of the recreation programs and special events; is responsible for the hiring, training, evaluating and supervision of part-time and seasonal recreation staff members.
Essential functions and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes, and implements District-wide day camps, special events and recreational programs.
- Conducts staff meetings and staff training
- Promotes, plans, supervises, and evaluates programs at District sites, schools, and private recreation facilities
- Recruits, hires, trains, instructs, and evaluates performance of part-time Recreation Division personnel
- Approves semi-monthly time cards for part-time recreation staff
- Prepares, organizes, and encourages participation in programs
- Recommends, requests and inventories supplies and equipment for assigned program areas
- Maintains an awareness of community needs for special programs and activities
- Prepares program related reports as requested by the Recreation Supervisor and District Administrator
- Maintains all records, and completes other written work as related to this job
- Inspects program operation at each site or center
- Responsible for promoting and marketing District programs and services through advertising, flyers, and social media
- Prepares the recreation division budget for assigned programs with the assistance of the Recreation Supervisor
- Attends and conducts meetings, training, and conferences applicable to recreation
- Assists with administrative duties, takes registration, and backs up front desk and phone calls as needed
- Performs administrative and other duties as assigned
The PDF below has all the details!Orangevale RPD_Recreation Coordinator Announcement 070522.pdf
Click this link to apply: https://www.ovparks.com/about/employment-opportunities/
Applications and resumes can be mailed or delivered to the District Office at 6826 Hazel Ave. in Orangevale, or emailed to Jennifer Von Aesch, Finance/HR Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.